Filed under: by: golf clubs showcase

It is hard to believe that Ping could come up with something to better the rightly popular Ping G10 driver but they have come up trumps with the new G15 – a truly worthy successor. I have been lucky enough to already get to try out the new Ping clubs and I have not been disappointed.

A big fan of the G10 I was dubious if I would feel the need to upgrade to this newer version but everything from looks to performance has convinced me that a good club has got even better. The club sits behind the ball very well and is visually confidence building – the half crescent alignment system has been slightly modified in the G15 to look slightly more modern and fit in with then new red colour scheme – giving a solid look to address.

The 460cc head still looks like a driver should do (I think it is slightly deeper at the back than the G10) and the club is extremely well balanced. In terms of performance it cannot be faulted – a solid feel and good sound at impact translate into a penetrating and long ball flight with impressive forgiveness on off centre hits.

0 comments: